Chapter 6: Libya - A Major Sale At Last
Libya: A Major Sale at Last
December 1, 2010
“Extract from Statement of Sayed Abu Tahir Bin Bukhary” (Tahir statement), Managing Director of SMB Group of Companies, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 7, 2006. Annexure L in Plea and Sentence Agreement, State vs. Geiges, Wisser, and Krisch Engineering, September 2007.
Director General, Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement of the Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, GOV2008/39, September 12, 2008, Annex, p.3.
Director General, Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement of the Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya GOV/2004/12, February 20, 2004.
Director General, Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and Relevant Portions of Security Council Resolutions, GOV/2007/58, November 15, 2007.
Malaysian Police Report, “Press Release by Inspector General of Police in Relation to Investigation of the Alleged Production of Components for Libya’s Uranium Enrichment Program,” February 20, 2004.
Susan Basu, “Transactions of Bikar Metal Asia and Scomi Precision Engineering, 2001—2002,” ISIS memorandum, undated, based on internal Bikar Metal Documents.
Bikar Metal Asia Pte Ldt, Transaction for Al tubes, Al 6061, 168 mm inner diameter, data table prepared by ISIS from internal Bikar Metal Asia documents, undated.
Director General, Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement of the Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, GOV/2004/33, June 1, 2004.
News and Reviews
- The Best Books of the Year: Foreign Affairs Edition
- IEEE Review of Peddling Peril
- LA Times Book review: 'Peddling Peril'
- The New York Review of Books: Nukes for Sale
- The Tavis Smiley Show: David Albright Interviewed
- Economist review: Unstoppable?
- David Albright's Interview on NPR's Fresh Air
- David Albright on CNN's Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
- Saddam Hussein weighed nuclear 'package' deal in 1990, documents show
Documents and Analysis
- Detecting and Disrupting Illicit Nuclear Trade after A.Q. Khan
- The Leybold Charter: Putting Non-Proliferation Above Commercial Interests
- Pakistani Government Seeks to Investigate A.Q. Khan’s Activities
- The Price of Getting Documents from A.Q. Khan: Carrying his Water
- Project AB: The Khan network's offer to Iraq regarding nuclear weapons
- P2 rotor assemblies delivered to Libya by the Khan network
- Excerpt of Peddling Peril published in Foreign Policy